JUNE 26-JULY 2
Taking it Deeper
Spend some time in: Song of Songs 5:2-6; Proverbs 3:27-28; James 4:17; 1 Samuel 15;
Discussion Questions for Small Groups
1. Read Song of Songs 5:1-6. If the bride in this passage is symbolic of The Church, and the groom is symbolic of Jesus, what does it say about our relationship with Jesus? about our responsiveness to Him? Read verse 7. Using the same metaphor of The Church and Jesus, what or who might the watchmen represent in this passage? What does that say about our responsiveness to Christ?
2. Have you ever ignored the leading of the Holy Spirit in your life? Why did you make the choice you did? What happened as a result? What can you learn from that experience?
3. Karl said we should respond to God immediately, completely and wholeheartedly. What is the most difficult part of each of those approaches in our responses to Him? How do you know when God is leading you as opposed to your own thoughts or ideas?
4. Share about a time when you responded to God and He took you someplace you would never otherwise go. What does that say about how you could respond in the future?
5. Karl dared us to go looking for places to follow and obey God that challenge our comfort levels. What might that look like in your life?